1.6.0 was released initially on February 4th, 2017 and was the first public release of the Lava Update. It was released for Minecraft versions 1.9, 1.10, and 1.11 and was the first version to fully cut even development build support for Minecraft 1.8. It replaced 1.5.2 and was succeeded by 1.6.1.
- Massively expanded configuration, allowing enable/disable of each individual fuel and crafting recipe
- Spawn Eggs and Rotten Flesh used as fuels are disabled by default
- Ore Spawning can be disabled in config
- Changed names in English .lang file from "Block of Name" to "Name Block"
- Added Infinite Fuel Block (Creative Only), burns for 2 years straight
- Added Bituminous Coal Block, equivalent to Coal Block
- Added Lava Ore
- Added Lava Crystals
- Added Empty Glass Orb (Untempered)
- Added Empty Glass Orb (Tempered)
- Added Filled Glass Orb (Lava)
- Added a recipe "Lava Bucket can be crafted with Tempered Glass Orb to make Lava Orb (For stacking benefits since Lava Buckets cannot be stacked."
- Redundant Fuels Present (Mojang added some fuels in 1.10 and 1.11 that had previously been covered by my mod in 1.6-1.9.
- Not 100% sure how well MC displays special language characters even though .lang files are UTF-8.
- Only the English (US) language file is updated to include the new items. This will be fixed in the future.
- At some point late release forge released an update that broke all the textures for this version.
- A texture pack was made for this version as an interim patch until 1.6.1 could be released to fix the texture issue after forge changed it's API and broke all the textures.